The Hub Teen Center, a division of the Bristol Recreation Department, is seeking to fill the following position:
Bristol Hub Program Manager
Reports to: Hub Teen Center Director
The primary focus of the Program Manager at The Hub is to create, run and maintain fresh programming for the youth of Addison County ages 12-19. Running effective programs requires creative thinking, grant writing, requests for donations, and the ability to listen and interact with youth to tailor successful programming. The job is 20 hours per week with the option to grant fund an additional 10 hours a week. During summer hours much of time will be spent outside monitoring, and maintain skate park. On occasion work will take place on evenings and weekends.
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Grant writing
• Interacting with youth
• Program development
• Public Outreach
• cleaning/maintaining indoor drop in center and outdoor skatepark
• Driving/transporting teens for fieldtrips
• Enforces Hub Teen Center House rules
• Enforce Teen Center rules.
• Seek out grant opportunities.
• Complete any other duties as assigned supervisor.
Starting pay of $11.00 to $11.22, depending on experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to Program Manager Search at P.O. Box 249, Bristol, VT. 05443. Cover letters and resumes should be received by Friday, September 12, 2014. Applications will not be accepted electronically. Job description available at www.bristolvt.org. E.O.E.
It was awesome. Everyone had a blast. Below, you’ll find the last existing photo of their birthday cake intact; it was consumed soon after the photo was taken.
It’s absolutely beautiful. Here are a few pictures; check it out:
Clearly, it’s gorgeous. And, better yet, it’s 99% done. It just needs a few finishing touches and it’ll be entirely complete. We can’t wait. It definitely took a lot of hard work to get to this point, though. Check out some of these pictures:
Oh… and definitely can’t forget this one…
Chuck’s truck has been (and still is) quite the fixture here recently. He, under the guise of his company, White Dog Construction LLC, donated a ton of elbow grease to our kitchen renovation and it–undoubtedly–wouldn’t be as gorgeous as it is without his aid.
Other companies that donated time and materials:
Countryside Carpet & Paint
Erwin Electric Services
Jackman’s of Bristol–Plumbing Division
rk Miles of Middlebury
We’re endlessly excited about our new kitchen and we can’t wait to cook delicious community dinners, host cooking classes, and generally–y’know–just show it off.
Come by and check it out, we’d love to give you a tour!
Sam celebrated his 11th birthday here! It was awesome. We shared some delicious Boston Cream cake, ate chips and guacamole, and had an epic water balloon fight. A blast was had by all and we’re stoked to have been there as Sam turned a year older in style.
Sorry that we haven’t been updating a lot but we’ve been super busy!
Here’re a few of the things we’ve done this season:
1. Paintball at (the aptly named) Colchester Paintball!!! (We’re grateful to have received reduced rates!)
Here’s their website if you’re in the market for some more info: (http://www.vtpaintball.com/)
2. A trip to Jay Peak’s indoor water park, The Pump House! (Thanks Jay Peak for giving us reduced rates!)
Want more information? Here’s the website: (http://www.jaypeakresort.com/pumphouse/waterpark/)
3. We watched Guardians of The Galaxy FOR FREE at The Middlebury Marquis Theatre. WE’RE SO STOKED ON THEM RIGHT NOW. THEY’RE THE BEST FOR BEING SO GENEROUS.
Want to see a movie there yourself? Here’s a link to their website: (http://www.middtownvt.com/)
4. This past Monday, the 11th, we went to Sugarbush and (as you might already know from the post immediately prior to this one, we were personally escorted around by the incredible, legendary John Egan and, during our time with him, zip lined, hiked, and went on these awesome gravity-defying bungee cord trampoline machines.
WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AND ARE SO GRATEFUL TO SUGARBUSH. Why are we grateful, you ask? BECAUSE THEY DONATED THIS ADVENTURE TO US FREE OF CHARGE.
Thank you so, so much Sugarbush! We’re stoked to be friends with y’all!
Want to give the resort the once over? Check out their website: (http://www.sugarbush.com/)
Thank you everyone who had a part in helping us have an incredible summer of awesome, engaging programming!